BAKING & CANNING CONTEST
The Fruita Fall Festival Baking & Canning Contest returns to Downtown Fruita! People of all ages are invited to bring their baked and canned goods to enter the Annual Fall Fest Contest. Entries will be judged on presentation, taste and tie to the harvest theme.
Our theme this year is: Fall in Love with Fruita.
- Canning (Pickled Fruits, Vegetables, Pickles & Relish)
- Canning (Fruits & Vegetables)
- Canning (Salsa)
- Jellies & Jams (including honeys and syrups)
- Bread Baking (Including batter breads)
- Cakes & Cookies
- Pies & Cobblers
- Pro (Baked Goods)
- Junior Chefs (Children through age 11)
A panel of judges will taste and score all entries. Prizes include $100 to Best of Show and $25 to the first place winner in each category. And the most unique entry will receive a prize!
We even have a Junior Chefs category. All Junior Chefs will receive a prize but there will be a special prize for 1st place.
Winners will be announced in the afternoon on Saturday, September 28th at the Bank of the West Circle Park Stage.